The application for New Jersey Writers Project residencies follows. Some hints on filling out the form:
- There are fields that require answers. These are marked with an asterisk.
- We require the following contact information. It would be a good idea to assemble these before you begin the application:
- School Address/ Phone Number/Principal or Head
- Applicant Name/Phone Number/ E-Mail
- Site Coordinator Name/Phone Number/E-Mail
- Applicants for partial or full grants are required to respond to some questions in order to be considered. We have found that if the answers are prepared and saved in a word processing file prior to beginning the survey, and the responses are cut and pasted into the survey, there is less of a chance of loss of information. These questions are:
- Why did you choose the New Jersey Writers Project and how do you expect your school to benefit from this program?
- Do you have a specific goal for this residency? (i.e., fostering creativity, helping to prepare for standardized testing, etc.)
- What additional curricular and extra-curricular arts education programs are available at your school/site for students who will participate in this residency?
- How can you assist the teaching artist in accomplishing the goals of the residency?
- Please tell us anything else you think we should know about your students, school or past residency experiences.
- If you are considering applying for a Thematic Residency, please call our Director of Education, Jim DeVivo at 973.514.1787 x14, or email him at Education@ptnj.org, prior to beginning the survey.
- If you have any questions about the survey, please contact Jim DeVivo at the phone number and e-mail above.
To insure prompt processing of your application, once you have completed the survey, you will be directed back to this page. At that point, please send a confirmation e-mail to Education@ptnj.org, indicating that you have completed an application.